Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 15, 2011

This is the first day of blogging. I'm going to write what I feel like helps me the most.
Today started really well, coffee with friends, discussing the news of the day, our lives, what the day may look like, what we wanted to do.
Until another person who shall remain nameless knocks on the back sliding glass door...no I'll call him Sam to protect the innocent from being hurt, and I mean others not Sam.
Sam sits down at the table with a cigarette and a cup of coffee only to start the droning on of absolutely nothing. Seriously, he talks about nothing, it's as if I am in a really bad episode of Seinfeld...were there any bad episodes? I ignore Sam by looking at a week old coupon book. After putting down the coupons, I don't know where to look, because if I look at Sam he will think I'm really interested in what he is saying...I'm not in the least interested in the long drawn out sad stories he tells. They are so boring and I don't have time for this.

I excuse myself because I just may end up hitting Sam in the face with a piece of cake, and what a waste of food. I'm heading home to pick up my roommate for a rummage sale at the local high school. I find a few things that I think I can't live without. I'm ready to go, so there's a guy giving us sticky notes with the price of our treasures, I'm convinced he's gay... this guy is way too happy, and his jeans way too tight. We rush away from the school because of my roommate being paranoid about someone he's worked with before seeing him and causing a scene...I so wanted to see the scene he was talking about...not sure what that would have been.
We proceed to the Human Bean for lattes, then head over to the Eco Shop (a really overpriced thrift store with nothing but junk piled to the ceiling.) I wade through the crap to find a CD and a couple of hand weights...again overpriced, but like an idiot I pay for them. We're on our way back to the apartment, when nothing happens. We talk about eating all you can eat chicken, I'm trying to convince the driver (a friend) to go eat chicken with us later.

I go upstairs to our apartment and spend time talking to a friend on the phone, surfing the net, and doing absolutely nothing. Walmart is on our agenda for the next hour and a half...of course the people in Walmart are oblivious to anyone else in the store with them, as if they were the only ones on the planet at the moment. A hive of human frailty and American arrogance all at the same time. Really? Arrogance about what? Walmart after all is a den of under dressed people with no money, yet they spend it like they have it. If I need to see under dressed people I'll go to a strip club...ew.

Later my roommate and I go to Culvers a grease pit for all you can eat chicken...these are hobbit chickens undoubtedly..the smallest legs and thigs I've ever seen on fowl...how do they do that? It's all you can eat, but it's tiny chicken.

We return to watch Social Networking, the story of how Facebook came to be. How incredibly insensitive to the emotions of other human beings, am I like this? God I hope not. Would I throw my best friend under a bus just to make a buck?

No comments:

Post a Comment